Community Service Opportunity!
All Sabers Football Players- we have been offered an opportunity to participate in some cool community service! On Saturday 11/19, the Northeast Junior High Football League is hosting 3 championship games at our home field at Souhegan. The administrators of the event are looking for volunteers to set up / clean up the field, run security, operate the clock and scoreboard and serve as the chain crew for the various games
This should be a fun and easy way of getting some community service hours and participating in a fun football event!
Games are at 10am, noon, and 2pm. Field set up would begin at roughly 8-9am.
If you are interested, please reply to this email and copy Coach Carl Bunis firstname.lastname@example.org (our Jr. High Program Head Coach) who is the point-of-contact. Let us know when you would be available (you don’t need to do the whole day, if there’s enough guys we should be able to establish shifts, etc). Coach Bunis will help get everyone organized!
If ever there was a way to gain community service hours doing something fun, this would be it!
Thank you all, and good luck to everyone who is about to start a winter sport. Go Sabers!
JV and Varsity Volunteers Needed
Sign Up Sheet for JV and Varsity Games:
Few more days till kick off!
We still have several volunteer needs for the season.
They are broken down by game on this spreadsheet. Please sign up for whatever you can. More will be coming regarding foot and set up for varsity home game team meals (all players included but on the varsity home games only).
- WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PEOPLE ON CHAINS FOR ALL HOME GAMES. VARSITY IS ALL SET FOR CHAINS BUT JV STILL NEEDS 4 FOR EACH GAME. See sign up sheet.
- Because we haven't had any volunteers for Team Mom for JV we need volunteers to handle picking up and distributing away game meals at JV games. These meals have been paid for but someone has to make sure they get to the players. See sign up sheet.
- Another reminder, video for each JV game is requested. We have the camera just need someone to run it. This film is so valuable for the players to be able to watch after games. If we don't have a volunteer then the JV team wont have this advantage. See sign up sheet.
If anyone has any questions on this please let us know. Thank you!
Diane & Katy
Football Schedule Update
Please be aware of the following important schedule updates / reminders:
1. Souhegan will play Manchester Memorial tonight at the Queen City Jamboree. While this is little more than a glorified scrimmage, we will still be wearing away game uniforms (white jerseys and pants) with full pads. Scrimmage starts at 4:30pm. Locker room opens at 2pm. Bus departs promptly at 2:45, and we will not delay if a player is absent. We will remain for about 45 minutes after our game concludes to watch some of the following game. If you would like to bring a snack or money for concessions, please do so.
2. With game season upon us, we will be wearing our uniforms once or twice per week. Football game jerseys are expensive, and ours are only one year old. We would like our jerseys to be properly cared for. Please reference the below link for instructions on proper washing of game uniforms so as to ensure that you will not be held responsible for needing to pay for a jersey replacement.
3. Starting next Monday, our schedule converts to a "regular season" practice schedule. This means that practices will run from 3:30 to 5:45pm every day, with the exception of Thursdays, which take place "under the lights" at night from 6-8pm. Please always assume we will be "full pads," but come prepared for "uppers / helmets only." ALWAYS have both athletic sneakers and cleats. Reference your Player/Parent guide for further info.
4. Please remember that instead of a Saturday am practice tomorrow (8/27), we are giving the players the day off so they can participate in the fundraising car wash. The booster club sent an email previously with details, but it is 10am - 2pm at Fredrick's Plaza on Route 101A. This is a fun team-building event and raises money for the program...and will be our only fundraising requirement of the team this year, so we expect all our players to come out and participate.
5. With regard to expectations for JV game participation, the philosophy is very simple: If you are not starting in a varsity game on offense or defense, you will be scheduled to participate in the JV game on Monday, even if you "rotate / sub" in the varsity game. Exceptions will be notified prior to the JV games if they are necessary.
Thank you all!
Car Wash Saturday
I appologize for the late notice but our original car wash location became unavailable and we scrambled to secure a new location. Thankfully one of our supporters, Naji's Pizza, has let us use their location to host our car wash. The car wash will be held at Naji's this Saturday 10-2. Coach has given the boys the day off from practice so we could hold the event. The address is 109 NH-101A. (Frederick's Plaza). Lunch will be provided for the boys. The forecast looks good and this should be a great team building event as well as a fundraiser. If your car is looking like it needs a bath please stop in.
Away game meals and Boosters meeting
Thank you to those who responded to saturday's test email. I did recieve quite a few responses back. So either some, the minority, are not getting at all, or going to spam or ignoring. I will attempt to correct but will be using this forum as the primary communication tool for now.
AWAY GAME MEALS- We are offering away game meals to all the players that are interested. . Meals will be provided by Homestead Grocery and Deli. Meals will consist of a 6" sub (ham & Cheese, roast beef & cheese or turkey and cheese) chips (Lays or Doritos) and cookie. Boosters will provide drinks. Each meal is going to be $7 per player per meal. Varsitywill need 4 meals (not eating for Milford game) and JV should have 3. Players that are told by coach that they will be playing both need to plan accordingly.
Meal order forms and payment required prior to the start of the season. Payment can be made to Souhegan Gridiron Booster Club, Inc. (or S.G.B.C.,Inc). We will have order sheets at tomorrow's boosters meeting.
Boosters Meeting 8/17/16 7 pm in room 116 at Souhegan High School. We will be finalizing the ads. covering the meals sign up, discussing tenative car wash for 8/27/2016, and a number of other topics. Please come and join us.
Looking forward to the season,
I appologize for the lack of communication to begin the season. There have been some email issues that hopefully have been resolved. I am sending this email to cover some of the respnsibilities that have been taken care of and some that still need to be done before the season begins.
The board has been meeting and addressing this seasons issues and have completed many. As the season quickly approaches our primary goal is to complete the "Program Ads" fundraiser.
This fundraiser is the primary fundraising event for the team. The Boosters provide many needs for the team including scholarships, equipment, training, attire and much more. This season alone we have purchased equipment exceeding $2000.00. We need to conact previous advertisers as well as new avdertisers. There are also parent ads that go into the program. We are in need of assistance contacting people on our previous advertisers list, if you would be interested in seeing who is on the list and helping that would be great. we have been trying to complete this task with only a handful of people. Unfortunately with the email issues and info not being communicated effectivelywe have limited time to get the work done and submitted to the printer by 8/17,
Please feel free to solicit new advertisers as well. I did send out the documentation but if you did not recieve please let me know and I will resend perequest so I won't have to send yet another email.
Our next open board meeting is schedule for 8/17 at 7pm at the high school, room to be determined. I encourage you to come out and meet some of the other parents. We will be discussing program layout details, away game meals, home gakme volunteers, pregame meals and much more. We also are looking for a JV team mom volunteer and a treasurer and secretary for the board. If you are interested in seeing some of the behind the scenes stuff that happens wityh the team please come and join us.
We are also planning a team car wash, in lue of a saturday practice, and that will be discussed. The supplies for the car wash are being donated by O'reilly's and we are still looking for a location. If you have a location or a connection with one, let us know that would be a real help.
Finally keep an eye out for the Team Mom/ Parent emails. These wil usually contain critical info that your player may or may not have relayed back to you. It was great to see the players today at equipment pick up. I hope you have a great rest of the summer and we are looking forward to a great season.
A few notes from Diane & Katy, Team Moms…
We are really looking forward to a great season and our goal is to make this season special for all our players and families.
First things first- Your participation in the Boosters and Fund Raising is CRITICAL to the success and future of the program. I am not on the boosters board but do attend the meetings and see how hard the very few people have to work to keep it going. There is still a need for a Secretary and a Treasurer. Dan Blood has served the team and no longer has a player so it is only fair that a parent of a current player step up and take on that role. There are very few meetings so the commitment is very manageable and both are voting positions. This is your way to have a say in how to support the team and the program goals.
Now for the fun stuff!
We need a JV Team Parent! We all work together but still need a parent for that team. It doesn't have to be a Mom ;-)
- Volunteer help needed:
- Game Film—This is of utmost importance. We need someone to film each game using the team’s camera. You will be stationed in the tower and Coach Lochman will let you know exactly what he needs. Consistency from game to game is important so if we could get commitment from one person that would be the best.
- Chains for home games-We need 3 people for each home game, there are 4 home games. Best place to see the game!
- Stands set up-a few people to take on hanging banners in the stadium and placing signs along the driveway to the school
- Important August Dates:
- 8/1-8/4 - Mini Camp at Hampshire Dome (5-8pm)
- 8/9 - Equipment Pick Up/Combine/Player Meeting (4:30-6:30pm)
- 8/12- TEAM AND FAMILY KICK OF DINNER (Details to come soon)
- 8/17- Scrimmage vs Bedford HS, 10am, Practice to follow from 6-8pm
- 8/16- Joint Practice with Campbell High School (at CHS) 8am-12pm
- 8/26- Queen City Jamboree at Gill Stadium against Memorial HS (4:30pm)
More emails will be following (maybe even more today). Once we have volunteer spots filled and the season gets going there will be less. Until then, please bear with us.
Responses on volunteer spots, Secretary and Treasurer are needed. Please respond.